Thursday, September 25, 2008

Step by Step

I am starting to understand that the first necessary step in building a life is to get organized.

I unsuccessfully looked for my son's transcript yesterday so that he could submit his application for National Honor Society.

I had to pull together all my notices that had come in from Alexis, my financial advisor, to prepare for a meeting this morning. I ran late for the meeting because I had to figure out where I put everything!

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to write in my new career as an author. I am somewhat frozen by inaction as I struggle to understand where to start.

As I look around at my office - I'm thinking that the first step is to find a place to put everything (ie, all my Edward Jones paperwork in one file folder.....).

I have taken the first writing step by creating a network of blogs in which to study my muse.

Eventually, I'll have a clue as to where I'm going and how I'm going to get there!

As Yogi Berra once said: "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else."

No comments: